Saturday, August 13, 2011

Welcome

Welcome to the Aspis of Ares, or Ares' Shield. This is my second blog, and if you haven't gathered from the title, it's about the god Ares, son of Zeus and Hera, lord of war.

I decided to dedicate a blog for Ares for a number of reasons. First is that, even in modern circles of Polytheists (Hellenic or otherwise), Ares gets a bad rap, and I want to discuss Him and his dominion and why it is important we continue to acknowledge and sacrifice to Ares. Second, there's not much information available for the worship of Ares, modern or ancient, so I want to share my findings, musings, and UPG regarding practice. Third, since modern worshipers are few and far between, and online groups can be active only sporadically, I wanted to gather as many resources for Ares' worship into one place.

It is my hope that this blog grows as our understanding of Ares grows. Perhaps one day, as the love and worship of all the Theoi spreads, we can give Ares and the rest of the Theoi proper temples and festivals. For now, with Ares blessing, let this suffice.

Please spread the word about this blog, and if you have questions, suggestions for content, or want to discuss anything related to Ares, leave a comment below.

~ Pete

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pete! :-)

    You're right that understanding and acknowledgement of Arēs needs to be stimulated more. So it's good to see a new resource aout here in the blogosphere dedicated to him ;-)

    Good luck with it, I'll be following :-D

    ReplyDelete